2013 Gatlinburg Thanksgiving Bowl Schedule Schedule Updated 3:30pm 11-29-13
- Important Changes- Please check the schedule on the home page to make sure of when and where you play!!!
- 8U Cincinnati Eagles vs Glen Este Trojans Friday Filed 1 at 2:15pm
- Reminder Field 1 has the grass surface with the track around it, field 2 is the little league field that has 1 side of concrete bleachers, field 3 is the high school field, and field 4 is the small 80 yard field.
- 8U Central Division Game 3 on Saturday is scheduled for 9:15am on Field 2, NOT 10:30am
- 12U Division Changes JPRD has moved to the American Division, Prince Fredrick has moved to the National Division
Congratulations to JPRD Bulldogs Coach Allan Joseph for being named our 2013 Ron “Papa” Schaper Memorial Coaches Award Winner for displaying Sportsmanship, Integrity, Responsibility, and Excellence
Visit The Cabin Cafe for your Thanksgiving Meal priced at $16.95 Great food, Great Atmosphere!!!! Click on their picture for their website
Due to the overwhelming amount of calls, it will most likely be difficult to get ahold of the tournament director up until the tournament begins. The quickest way for a response will probably be through email firstname.lastname@example.org
Certification Process: Arrive as a team to Gatlinburg Pittman High School, 150 Proffitt Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 Weigh ins will take place in the cafeteria, same as last year, PLAYERS AND COACHES ONLY will be allowed in this area. Each team must turn in a roster with each players jersey number (or numbers), name and date of birth. Your team will not weigh in until this is in order. Each team must provide their Team Book with Player ID sheets and Birth Certificates. Players will be provided with a wristband to be worn throughout the tournament.
Weigh in and the Certification of all players must take place before a player is allowed to play. Weigh in takes place on Wednesday November 27, 2013 from 1:30pm-9:30pm in the cafeteria of Gatlinburg Pittman High School, 150 Proffitt Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738. Your entire team must be present in order to go through the certification process, ONLY COACHES AND PLAYERS WILL BE ALLOWED INSIDE THE CERTIFICATION AREA!!!!
Teams can also weigh in 90 minutes prior to their first game on Thursday November 28 at the Gatlinburg Pittman High School Cafeteria, IF YOUR TEAM IS LATE TO THE GAME BECAUSE YOUR TEAM HAS NOT WENT THROUGH THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS YOUR TEAM WILL FOREFIT THE GAME. WE WILL NOT ALLOW TEAMS TO JUMP IN FRONT OF ANY OTHER TEAM THAT IS WAITING SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE LATE TO THEIR GAME.
Parking for the Gatlinburg Thanksgiving Bowl will be at Gatlinburg-Pittman High School. Parking Spaces located by field #2 at Mills park are reserved for Handicap vehicles and tour busses.
Directions to our Facilities, as you plan your trip to the 2013 Gatlinburg Thanksgiving Bowl please be advised that on 2 of our fields we offer concrete bleachers and on Field 1 we offer aluminum bleachers. Stadium seats and camping chairs are permitted and may be more comfortable for spectators.
Our tournament runs Thanksgiving Day Thursday November 28-Saturday November 30, 2013. Teams should expect to play at least 1 game each day, but no more than 2 game in a single day. We have a 2 game minimum, and try to get everyone a total of 3 games.
Our Age cutoff Date is August 1, 2013 (if an athlete is 8 years old on August 1, 2013 and turn 9 years old on August 2nd, they are considered to be an 8 year old and should play in the 8U division).
- Teams that book through T3 Sports and have their registration paperwork completed and fees turn in by October 15, 2013 will have a $300 registration fee.
- Teams that book through T3 Sports and turn in registration paperwork and fees between October 16 and November 1, 2013 will have a $350 registration fee.
- Teams choosing to book rooms outside of the T3 housing partner will have a $500 registration fee, if all registration paperwork and fees are turned in by October 15 2013. The registration fee will be $550 for teams registering between October 16 and November 1, 2013.
-Parks (example Gatlinburg-Pittman 6U, 7U, 8U) bringing 3 or more teams will have one teams registration fees waived, if all registration paperwork and fees are completed and turned in by October 15, 2013.
Recent Updates include Rules and Regulations
Spend your 2013 Thanksgiving holiday amid the splendor of the Great Smoky Mountains, while participating in our 41st Annual Thanksgiving Football Tournament. We have Age Division Brackets to accommodate 6-13 years of age and allow players to compete in a competitive atmosphere. This past year we had 72 teams from ten states competing in our three-day tournament. Also, we are no longer able to give complementary t-shirts to each team. Each team that participates must make lodging reservations through T3 sports (in order to receive a discounted registration fee). Teams will still have a two game minimum, we will try our best to get everyone at least three games over the weekend (the number of games will be based on the number of teams signed up in each division). Our facility is located 5 miles outside of downtown Gatlinburg . We are currently going through the first phase construction of our new athletics complex and we should have two compleated field turf fields as well as two grass fields. This is a great opportunity to get your team together one last time to celebrate a great season. We offer a small town experience with plenty of extras. Register for our tournament and be part of another spectacular year, as always there is no gate fee or parking fee for spectators.
Team pictures and Actions Shots will be taken by Legends Sports Photography.